What are the benefits to buying at auction?
- Buyers determine the purchase price
- The buyer knows the seller is committed and motivated to sell
- Auctions eliminate long negotiation periods
- Auctions reduce the time to purchase the items and property you want
- Buyers purchase property at true market value
- For real estate, purchasing and closing dates are known
- Buyers know they are competing fairly and on the same terms as all other bidders. Auctions are fast, fun, and transparent.
- Buyers receive comprehensive information on real estate properties with a Property Information Packet
How do I bid?
Click on “Our App” to get registered to bid and buy.Once you have an account you can bid on your smartphone, tablet, or computer from anywhere you have a connection to the Internet.
What is a buyer’s fee?
The buyer’s fee is a percentage added to the final high bid price of a particular lot/item.This fee helps keep commission rates lower for the seller which in turn leads to more and higher quality merchandise for us to sell and also offsets costs of the auction, such as our advertising.
Why are pickup times at certain times?
Hours for pickup are set for three reasons mainly:
- For offsite auctions, the seller may need to vacate the space or have it emptied by a certain deadline. We are tasked with making the entire auction process happen in this timeline.
- For auctions at the auction house, we have limited space, and as one auction ends the next is beginning and so we need the room for new merchandise.
- We try to keep labor costs down so expenses/fees paid by both buyers and sellers are minimized. We cannot afford to have our staff standing around waiting for buyers to pickup for an entire day or week depending on what the auction consisted of and where the auction was held. We try to accommodate, but if the pickup request is outside of scheduled hours, an additional fee may apply.
When and where do I pick up the items I won on the auction?
The first few lots in our auctions are informational, they will tell you any specific Terms and Conditions of the auction, the hours for previewing the items in-person, the dates of the auction, where the auction is being held, and what dates you can pick up any items you won on the auction.
What is extended bidding?
Extended bidding is an automated feature on our online bidding platform. This allows every bidder the chance to not get outbid/sniped on an item at the last second. The bidding time extension may vary from auction to auction but you have every chance to be the winning bidder unless you choose to stop bidding.
Do you measure every piece of furniture or equipment you sell?
We try to make the buying experience as easy as possible and usually include measurements. Please call or email if you have any questions about the size of a particular item.
Can I bid as a tax-exempt buyer?
Yes, but we will need your Sales Tax Exemption Certificate on file. Please email, mail, or drop it off at our office.
Do you test all the items you sell?
All items are sold as-is and we do not generally test or guarantee they are working/functional. If we have additional information on an item, we will share that in the lot description. With all the items we sell, we encourage you to stop in at one of the previews and inspect/test the items. You alone are the sole judge on what items are worth when you bid on them and purchase them.
Do you ship items?
We can ship items worldwide. Some items due to the cost of shipping due to their weight or size may not make sense to purchase. Please call or email for a shipping quote prior to bidding on that item.
How do I pay for items I won?
Read the Terms and Conditions of each auction. We accept cash, credit/debit cards, certified checks, or wire transfers. If you have not made payment arrangements by calling or stopping by our office, your credit card on file may be charged per the Terms and Conditions of the auction or you may lose all ownership rights to the item(s).