Join the Beloit Auction & Realty Team
Part Time Auction Team Members Wanted
Summary: Beloit Auction & Realty is looking for part-time auction team members to assist with our onsite and offsite auction projects. The successful candidates will assist with physically preparing the items to be sold in an online auction, as well as work with other employees to catalog and manage the preview and pickup of items at various locations in Illinois and Wisconsin (primarily our two auction houses in Beloit, WI). The successful candidate will enjoy working with the public in a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Organize, photograph and type detailed descriptions of items to be sold in our online auctions.
- Greet and interact with customers during scheduled auction previews while answering questions about the online auction process or the merchandise being sold.
- Work with other team members to manage an organized and scheduled pick up of the items by winning bidders after the auction.
- Research items being sold.
Qualifications and Skills:
- General knowledge of a variety of items from personal property to business assets.
- Ability to quickly learn and use a variety of cloud based and proprietary software programs.
- Ability to use a laptop/desktop computer and type proficiently.
- Ability to use a digital camera or tablet.
- Be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Willing to work in a variety of physical settings, indoors and outdoors, with or without climate control.
- Willing to work with a small team in a fun and fast paced environment.
- Able to travel during the day to different job sites in Illinois and Wisconsin (most of the time is spent at our auction houses in Beloit).
- Enjoy helping people.
Hours will vary - applicant must be available to work during the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and Saturday 8:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
Beloit Auction & Realty is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will be asked to email their resumes. Top candidates will be called for interviews. A drug test is required for all new hires and random drug testing of employees is practiced.